The Colliery Training College (Pty) Ltd. was founded in 1965. Initially, CTC was established to cater only for the mining sector, but has diversified and artisan skills training is now available for all interested parties. The demand for artisans in South Africa is growing rapidly.
CTC is accredited by the Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) and the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
A Memorandum of Understanding exists between CTC and relevant SETAs.
Any company or person interested in skills training programmes is invited to contact CTC for further information.
Working in partnership and in accordance with employers’ requirements to develop and maintain
the highest standard of training and rescue drill preparedness.
To meet the technical training and emergency preparedness requirements of customer partners through:
- Consultation and liaison with them, regulators and other stakeholders regarding the training needs and standards required.
- Ensuring our activities is executed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007.
- Ensuring effective training, focussing on safety, costs, training delivery and methodology.
- Ensuring 24/7 availability of the Rescue Drill Unit and the Collieries Inertisation Systems.
- Promoting diversity, employment equity, black economic empowerment and staff development.
Training at CTC
Students at CTC are trained in various trades:
- Auto Electrical
- Millwright / Electro Mechanician
- Fitting and Turning
- Diesel Mechanic
- Rigger Ropesman
- Earth Moving Equipment Mechanic
- Plater / Welder / Boilermaker
- Production Miner
- Mineral Processing
- Artisan 4.0 Training
Students are thoroughly trained in both the theoretical and practical aspects in their course of study. Training is done on a modular basis, and a self-paced method of study is applied.
Additional courses are also available. Anyone wishing to improve his/her skills can also choose between all modules available to suit their companies' or own needs.
Note: All courses are done at CTC only. Correspondence or web-based material is not available as all courses contain theoretical as well as practical tuition.