(Earth Moving Equipment Mechanic)
Diesel mechanics maintain all functions of diesel vehicles, including heavy earthmoving equipment used on opencast mines, etc.
The following modules standards are done during training:
- Examine bearings
- Tension and align V-belts
- Cut and fit gaskets
- Lift and move equipment
- Start a four-stroke petrol/diesel engine
- Maintain cylinder heads
- Maintain lubrication systems
- Maintain fuel systems
- Maintain cooling systems
- Principles of pneumatics
- Principles of hydraulics
- Repair a steering system
- Overhaul a power transmission
- Maintain auto-electrical systems
- Grind valves
- Maintain clutches
- Assemble a differential and final drive
- Tune up an engine fitted with a distributor or in-line fuel system
For more information and specific modules, please feel free to contact CTC's engineering (administration) Department.
Any part of the course can also be done as per client specification.